Light Microscopy applications specialist at CFIM (Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy)
The Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen
Applications are invited for a position as Microscopy applications specialist at the Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy (CFIM), the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, to commence 1 February 2021 or as soon as possible.
CFIM www.cfim.ku.dk was inaugurated in August 2010 and has serviced more than 1800 users with access to state of the art light- and electron microscopes.
The successful applicant will be part of a highly international team composed of light and electron microscopy application specialists and laboratory technicians. CFIM is located in the center of Copenhagen, at the North Campus of the University and has the mission of giving highest-level user service provision in advanced microscopy technologies to internal and external users from a broad range of disciplines within life sciences.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Introducing, training and supporting users on all CFIM light microscopes
- Meeting CFIM users to define optimal imaging strategies according to the facility’s portfolio
- Implementing Selective Plane Illumination Microscopy (SPIM) at CFIM (e.g. define and design the hardware and software configuration of the infrastructure) in collaboration with CFIM’s staff
- Developing/implementing sample preparation protocols for live and fixed-cleared samples with focus on SPIM
- Handling and post-processing of acquired SPIM datasets
- Maintenance and development of all systems at CFIM, with focus on SPIM
- Staying up to date with the latest developments on microscopy methods and technology, with focus on SPIM
- Helping with the organisation of and the teaching in CFIM courses
The successful applicant should have:
- Relevant experience in microscopy applications in general, holding a M.Sc. or PhD. degree in related scientific disciplines
- Expertise in SPIM technologies, including live and fixed clearing methods
- Strong motivation to support and train users with a problem-solving mindset
- Excellent social, communication and organization skills
- Fluency in English
- Previous experience with SPIM data management, processing and analysis will be considered an advantage
Salary and employment terms
The position as Special Consultant are a fulltime position for 5 years and are in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set according to the AC-agreement for Special Consultants. Salary supplements may be negotiated to match individual qualifications.
For additional information about the position, please contact Clara Prats, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must be submitted electronically by clicking “Apply now” below or via this advertisement found on https://employment.ku.dk/
Deadline for applications is 9 December 2020.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after application deadline.
We wish to reflect the diversity of society and encourage all qualified candidates to reply regardless of personal background.
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.