Department of Clinical
Faculty of Health and
University of Copenhagen
University seeks to appoint a clinical professor of Orthopaedic Surgery with
special focus on Sports and Orthopaedic Physiotherapy to commence as soon as
possible. The externally funded professorship is combined with a senior
researcher position at Amager-Hvidovre Hospital, Department of Orthopedic
Surgery in the Capital Region.
It is a
requirement for appointment that the applicant is accepted for both the
professorship and the senior researcher position. In order to be considered the applicant must send two applications: one
to the Faculty (the professorship) and one to the hospital (the senior
cf. the simultaneously advertised position of the senior
researcher position. This also applies to applicants who are already employed
as senior researchers at the Hospital. The advertisement for the senior
researcher position is available from https://www.sundhedsjobs.dk/jobopslag/367431
professorship and the senior researcher position will be financed by Amager-Hvidovre
In the consideration
of applications for the professorship, the main emphasis will be on the
applicant's ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an
international level within the area of Orthopaedic
Surgery with special focus on Sports and Orthopaedic Physiotherapy.
professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
applicant should be able to:
- Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- Manage research and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- Provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to
possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
professorship the appointee will receive a pensionable annual salary of DKK 187,364.13
(1 April 2019 level).
position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
For further information
please contact Head of Department Jesper Hastrup Svendsen, email@example.com.
applicants may find this link useful: https://ism.ku.dk/
(International Staff Mobility).
must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivations for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- Diplomas (Master’s and PhD and other relevant certificates)
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Uploads of maximum 10 publications to be considered in the assessment
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio/)
After the expiry of
the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects
applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified
whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then
appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the
selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of
the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to
comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant
him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/
that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the
Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested
applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the
application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be
accepted. The closing date for
applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, 12 June 2019.
Interviews for this position are likely to be
held on 7 November 2019.