Jobportal DK > Alle ledige stillinger
Tenure-track assistant professor in sport psychology or health psychology (211-0486)
Job advertisement for tenure-track assistant professors:
Tenure-track assistant professor of sport psychology or health psychology
Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports Faculty of Science
University of Copenhagen
A position as tenure track assistant professor is currently available in the Unit of “Sport, Individual and Society” at the Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports at the University of Copenhagen from 1 July 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The position includes research and teaching in sport psychology. The ability to combine psychological and health research methods will be beneficial. Applicants from general psychology who wish to specialize in sport and exercise are also invited to apply.
Duties of the post
The tenure track assistant professor’s duties will primarily include research, including obligations with regard to publication/scientific communication and research-based teaching with associated examination obligations within sport psychology or health psychology and will entail:
- Developing a research field including continuing publication at an international level.
- Contributing to the provision and development of the Department’s masters programmes and supervision of post-graduate students as well as contributing to graduate and undergraduate teaching
- Securing external funding for the research group “Sport, Individual and Society” by means of participation in international networks and the ability to develop and participate in inter- and cross-scientific applications that amalgamate cultural studies and natural sciences perspectives and combined dimensions of food and exercise.
The successful applicant will become part of a lively and intellectually stimulating teaching and research community which performs to the highest international standards of research and publications and will have access to the excellent research facilities which the newly merged department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports offers in the heart of Copenhagen. In addition, there will be rich opportunities for close working relations with the general university milieus in Copenhagen.
Applicants are required to have a PhD in psychology/sport psychology or related subjects. He/she must demonstrate a distinct competence in the field of sport. Teaching and research experience at university level will be an advantage. Experience and competence in relating sports psychology theory and methods to health promotion research is preferred.
The ideal candidate should have research activities and publications in the field related to the post. He/she has demonstrated the potential to conduct research and to work in a team. He/she must also be able to demonstrate ongoing participation in international scientific networks and knowledge transfer activities Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), interpersonal and organisational skills are essential.
Desired qualifications in the ideal candidate:
- An international reputation for high quality research in sport psychology and/or health psychology, with a particular strength in research in one or more of the following broad fields: Motivation; Self Determination Theory; Group Cohesion; Well-being/Mental Health; Stress and Recovery
- Skills in psychometrics and statistical analysis
- Skills in qualitative research methods
- Experience with conducting and evaluating intervention studies in ‘real life’ settings
- Skills in cross-scientific collaboration
- The ability to work effectively and collegially as part of a team
- An understanding and experience of teaching within a Scandinavian university context will be an advantage
The tenure track assistant professor must have an academic standing showing internationally competitive research, and/or have internationally recognized high potential to make a future impact.
The candidate must be fluent in English (written and spoken). If the applicant does not have Danish skills he/she must be willing to acquire a working knowledge of Danish within a relatively short period of time.
Assessment of applicants will primarily consider their level of documented, internationally competitive research. The ability to attract external funding will be considered together with outreach qualifications. Teaching qualifications are not mandatory but documented teaching qualifications and teaching experience will be considered.
The position is open from 1 July 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Further information on the Department is linked at http://www.science.ku.dk/english/about-the-faculty/organisation/. Inquiries about the position can be made to Head of Department Arne Astrup, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently up to DKK 408,730 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 69,893).
Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The tenure-track programme An assigned mentor will provide the tenure-track assistant professors with guidance related to career development, other academic topics and administrative procedures.
Performance of the tenure-track assistant professor will be followed via internal yearly evaluations and a mid-term and final international evaluation by an assessment committee. If the ‘final appraisal’ is positive you will be promoted as associate professor. Performance and progression towards the criteria below will be evaluated with due consideration of differences between research fields.
Criteria for promotion
After a 6-year tenure-track period tenure-track assistant professors are expected to meet the following criteria:
- A strong publication track record within the specific field of research, including a significant number of corresponding authorships and at least some publications in high-ranked journals based on work carried out during the tenure-track period
- Strong external network of collaboration, including joint publications
- A significant track record of successful external research funding
- Establishment of a strong and internationally competitive research group demonstrating clear independence of former supervisors/mentors, or/and major contributions to the development of an existing research group demonstrating an ability to collaborate within the research group
- Completed http://www.ind.ku.dk/english/course_overview/up/ and established a teaching portfolio via participation in teaching, including preparation and development of departmental courses
- Successful supervision/co-supervision of MSc and PhD students
The application including all attachments must be in English and submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Curriculum vitae including:
- Please describe and document international network and relations
- Please describe and document internationally based activities
- Positions held at universities/research institutions outside Denmark
- Outreach activities, i.e. popular lectures or other activities in the media
- Grants held, personal or in part. Career development grants
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan - description of current and future research plans
- If available, description and documentation of teaching and supervision experience and qualifications- please describe and document:
- Experience with supervision of BSc and MSc students
- Teaching experience
- Formal pedagogical training
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of up to 5 particularly relevant papers
The deadline for applications is 2 April.2017, 23:59 GMT +1.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
You can read about the recruitment process at http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
Interviews/trial lectures will be held on 23 June 2017.
Please refer to the following no. in future communication in this case: 211-0486.
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.