Jobportal DK > Alle ledige stillinger
Professor of Resource Modeling and Bioeconomics (211-0491)
Professor of Resource Modeling and Bioeconomics
Department of Food and Resource Economics
Faculty of Science
University of Copenhagen
The area of natural resource modeling and bioeconomics is central to several research activities at the Department of Food and Resource Economics, including activities in developing countries focusing on resource dependent communities. The research area at the Department is expected to have a strong emphasis on empirical research and data analysis. The professor will join in and lead research activities focused on understanding and modeling how renewable resource growth and ecosystem dynamics interact with the economics of humans' resource use and management. Likewise, the professor will also contribute to research in how economics and politics governing human decision making and incentives feed back into resource dynamics and growth and affect renewable resource sustainability and development.
Applicants will be assessed based on their qualifications within the following areas:
- Research competences of high international standard within biometrics, mathematical modelling and optimization methods for resource modeling as well as for analyzing economic resource management issues.
- A documented solid track record of publications at an international level, within the topical areas of the position
- Solid experience with empirical data collection, both natural and social science types, and planning and management of empirical work under field work conditions
- Solid experience from roles as PI or Co-PI in larger interdisciplinary research teams, including ability to raise funds for such research efforts alone and/or as part of teams
- A strong documented record as main supervisor or co-supervisor for PhD students and Post Docs within the area
- Experience with working on several types of biological and natural resources, e.g. forests and other plant communities, wildlife and marine resources.
Applicants are required to have university level teaching experience, documented teaching competencies and must be able to explain and reflect upon own teaching practice and portfolio. Formal pedagogical training or supervision equivalent to the University of Copenhagen teacher training programme for assistant professors is required.
Duties include the applicant's own research, development of the field, assessment tasks, grant applications, and research management such as supervision and training of research fellows and other staff. The successful applicant must also teach, supervise, prepare and participate in examinations, and fulfill other tasks requested by the Department.
Assessment of applicants will primarily consider their level of documented, original scientific production at an international level, including contributions to developments in their field, as well as their documented teaching qualifications. Managerial and out-reach qualifications of applicants including ability to attract external funding will also be considered. Experience with research based advisory work, e.g. for governments, is also an advantage.
The professor will be placed in the Section of Environment and Natural Resources, which undertake research in a wide range of issues related to the use and protection of the environment and natural resources, and includes economists as well as other social scientist with different specializations. The section furthermore undertakes significant teaching at BSc and MSc level. It also undertakes a significant volume of research and analysis work as part of research-based advisory work for the Danish government.
Further information on the Department is linked at http://www.science.ku.dk/english/about-the-faculty/organisation/. Inquiries about the position can be made to Bo Jellesmark Thorsen (firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 35 33 17 00)
The position is open from 1 October or as soon as possible thereafter.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
Commencing salary is currently - DKK 589,601 including annual supplement (+ pension DKK 100,822). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application including all attachments must be in English and submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Curriculum vitae including information about external funding
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan – description of current and future research plans
- Description and documentation of teaching experience and qualifications
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 5 particularly relevant papers
The deadline for applications is 4 April 2017, 23:59 GMT +1.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
You can read about the recruitment process at http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
Interviews/trial lectures will be held on 21 August 2017.
Please refer to the following no. in future communication in this case: 211-0491.
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.