Jobportal DK > Alle ledige stillinger
895420 Clinical Professor of Endocrinology
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint a clinical professor of Endocrinology to the Department of Clinical Medicine to commence as soon as possible. The professorship is combined with a consultancy at Rigshospitalet, Department of Endocrinology in the Capital Region.
It is a requirement for appointment that the applicant is accepted for both the professorship and the consultancy. In order to be considered the applicant must send an application to both the Faculty (the professorship) and to the Hospital (the consultancy) cf. the simultaneously advertised position of the consultancy. This also applies to applicants who are already employed as consultants at the Hospital. The advertisement for the consultancy is available from https://www.sundhedsjobs.dk/jobopslag/316600.
Information on the Department can be found at: http://ikm.ku.dk/
In considering applications for the professorship, the main emphasis will be on the applicant's ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an international level within the area of Endocrinology.
The professor’s duties will primarily consist of:
• Research, including publication/academic dissemination
• Research-based teaching, including associated examination
• Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
• Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
• Academic assessments
• Responsibility for promotion of the academic development of Endocrinology.
The successful applicant should be able to:
• Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
• Manage research and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
• Provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
For the professorship the appointee will receive a pensionable annual salary of DKK 174,952 (1 April 2012 level).
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
For further information please contact the Head of Department of Clinical Medicine, Professor Lars Bo Nielsen firstname.lastname@example.org (until 1 April 2017) or Constituted Head of Department of Clinical Medicine Professor Jesper Hastrup Svendsen email@example.com (from 1 April 2017)
Foreign applicants may find these links useful: www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following:
• Indication of which hospital the applicant wishes to apply for the consultancy at (applicants can only apply to one hospital for the consultancy).
• Application, including reasons for applying for this position (max 2 pages)
• Curriculum vitae, including list of publications
• Diplomas – all relevant certificates
• Research plan (3‐5 pages)
• Publications to be considered in the assessment (max 10)
• Teaching plan
• Teaching portfolio (link to portfolio guidelines: http://uddannelseskvalitet.ku.dk/quality-assurance-of-study-programmes/university-guidelines/pedagogic-basis-and-guidelines/
• Vision for academic development of Endocrinology
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at jobportal.ku.dk.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59pm CET, Tuesday 25 April 2017.
Interviews for this position will most likely be held on Thursday 17 August 2017.
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.