Jobportal DK > Videnskabelige stillinger
889665 Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery with special focus on Research in Orthopedic Surgery (Fixed-term 5 years)
It is a requirement for appointment that the applicant is accepted for both the professorship and the consultancy. In order to be considered the applicant must send two applications: one to the Faculty (the professorship) and one to the hospital (the consultancy) cf. the simultaneously advertised position of the consultancy. This also applies to applicants who are already employed as consultants at the Hospital. The advertisement for the consultancy is available from https://www.sundhedsjobs.dk/jobopslag/316420
Both the professorship and the consultancy will be financed by Zealand University Hospital.
Information on the Department can be found at: http://ikm.ku.dk/
In the consideration applications for the professorship, the main emphasis will be on the applicant's ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an international level within the area of Orthopedic Surgery with special focus on Research in Orthopedic Surgery.
The professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
The successful applicant should be able to:
- Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- Manage research and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- Provide research-based teaching
Terms of employment
For the professorship the appointee will receive a pensionable annual salary of DKK 176.455 (1 April 2015 level).
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
For further information please contact the Head of Department, Lars Bo Nielsen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
After April 1st please contact Jesper Hastrup Svendsen for further information, email@example.com.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including reasons for applying for this position (max 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- Diplomas – all relevant certificates
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Publications to be considered in the assessment (max 10)
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (link to portfolio guidelines: http://uddannelseskvalitet.ku.dk/quality-assurance-of-study-programmes/university-guidelines/pedagogic-basis-and-guidelines/
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at jobportal.ku.dk.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59pm CET, Sunday April 9, 2017.
Interviews for this position will most likely be held on August 22, 2017
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.