Secretary General - 4EU+ European University Alliance Paris, France
The 4EU+ European University Alliance has a mission to develop a barrier-free and continuously deepening cooperation in education, research and innovation within the Alliance, based on shared European values. The six members of 4EU+ are large, public, well-established universities that are comprehensive and research-intensive. They are also the top universities in their respective countries (Charles, Heidelberg, and Sorbonne Universities, and the Universities of Copenhagen, Milan, and Warsaw).
This network can be represented as an ever-widening circle, which extends out from the 4EU+ members to include associated partners, external partners and society at large.
4EU+ aims to serve as a touchstone for quality in the European Higher Education and Research Area, by building a cross-institutional, integrated university system, boosting access to best practices and integrating lessons learned to the benefit of other institutions and society.
Task & Responsibilities:
The Secretary General is a member of the Management Committee (along with the Vice-Rectors/Vice-Presidents), cooperating closely with University Coordinators responsible at each member university for overseeing development and implementation of the 4EU+ vision, mission and cooperation plan. He/She is responsible for driving, executing and monitoring the yearly activity plan. Secretary General manages a Paris-based permanent team, which coordinates the implementation of all activities of the Alliance and provides the necessary support to facilitate cooperation, simplify administrative processes, overcome obstacles and respond swiftly to new initiatives and emerging issues concerning the Alliance.
Tasks and responsibilities in brief:
- Providing advice and support to the Management Committee (policy support, ensuring information flow between the Committee, Rectors Board and the permanent team, organisation of the Alliance’s meetings including their programme concepts)
- Leading and managing a small, permanent team based in Paris
- Coordinating the implementation of activities and tasks within the Alliance by ensuring liaison with the operating officers at member universities as well as the Flagship leaders and the 4EU+ Working Groups
- Taking ownership and actively engaging in developing new strategies, guidelines, frameworks, documents for the Alliance
- Managing the Alliance’s budget, including the various sources of co-funding brought by the members of the Alliance as well as received directly by the Alliance
- Maintaining good contact with European Commission, particularly DG Education, but also building relationships with all research and education stakeholders and policymakers
- Promoting the 4EU+ vision, strategy, and policies
Type of contract
FTE (5 days a week), based in Paris.
Skills, abilities and experience needed:
- University degree (no less than a Master’s degree, PhD is an asset)
- Fluency in English and French
- Experience in running an office and managing a team
- Excellent coordination and organization skills
- Understanding of current European policies and the functioning of EU institutions, especially in the area of higher education
- Excellent communication style and networking skills
- Proven experience in managing projects, developing strategies and policies related to higher education and research, writing reports and policy documents
- Established network of contacts in the European research and education landscape is desirable
Candidates are requested to send their complete CV, motivation letter and the full names of two referees with complete contact information to jobs@4EUplus.eu
Application deadline: 27 September 2019
Selected candidates will be contacted and interviewed by a Selection Committee in Paris in October 2019. The contract will start on 1 November 2019.
More about the 4EU+ Alliance is available under this link.
For formal inquiries about the position, please write to: email@example.com
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.