Center Administrator for Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research seeks a Center Administrator, who will ensure efficient and service-oriented day-to-day management of the Center Administration.
About the Center
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research was established in 2010 funded by a generous unrestricted grant from the Novo Nordisk Foundation. Today, the Center consists of approx. 170 employees and 50 affiliates. The Dean of Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen is the grant holder, ensuring that the Center is an integral part of the Faculty.
The Center Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative activities and for the administrative staff. The team consists of staff members with different professional backgrounds.
Your overall responsibility is to coordinate and guarantee a professional day-to-day administrative business in close collaboration with your staff, the Center Management, the principal investigators, and relevant support units.
This includes, but is not limited to, a range of challenges and responsibilities related to finances and accounting, research administration, innovation activities, communication, and infrastructure within the Center.
The Center Administrator reports to the Center’s Chief Administrative Officer. You will have considerable latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative, and will oversee, direct, and manage Center operations.
Specific areas of responsibility of the Center Administrator
- Ensure an effective, well-organized and user-focused administrative and financial support structure
- Motivate and inspire your staff to deliver high quality work in a timely fashion
- Day-to-day operations management of the Center Administration, e.g.:
- Overview and coordination of the Center’s annual plan and activities
- Improve task descriptions, workflows, and task sharing among Center staff
- Budgeting and accounting in accordance with funding and reporting requirements, university policy, and standard accounting practices
Support to researchers concerning grant budgets, contract negotiations, grant reports, etc.
- Administrative support to the Center Management, committees and networks
- External reporting to funding organizations in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Liaison within and beyond the Center with representatives of the Dean’s Office, the Office for Research and Innovation, the Finance and the HR departments at the Faculty, and the central university
- Ensure optimal sharing of specialist equipment, core facilities, knowledge and services with the Center and the other Novo Nordisk Foundation Centers
- Administration in general
We expect you to have a solid theoretical as well as practical basis in administration, project management and coordination. We want you to have the qualifications and skills to be a key player in the daily management at the Center. Further, you are expected to have:
- Relevant academic degree on master’s level or higher, and preferably documented skills within project management and operations management.
- Confirmed people management skills with the ability to manage performance of individuals as well as teams
- An excellent understanding of the role of administration in an academic environment
- The ability to systematize, streamline, and communicate workflows, preferably within the framework of operations management and digital solutions
- Experience with wage policy and negotiations, annual performance reviews
- Fluency in Danish and English (the working language at the Center is English)
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
It is considered a plus if you have knowledge about the University of Copenhagen, research environments, and academic legislation in general.
The appointment as Center Administrator is positioned as Senior Consultant (’chefkonsulent’). Employment will be in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Government and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) with a possibility to negotiate supplements due to qualifications and experience.
Working hours will be 37 hours per week on average and it is a permanent position.
For more information of the Center, please see: www.metabol.ku.dk
For further information regarding the position, please contact Chief Administrative Officer Tina Lewis, 30589241, email@example.com or Senior HR Adviser Ditte Maria Bohn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you find the position interesting, please apply for the position electronically by clicking "Apply now" below or via this advertisement found on Jobportalen
. Please include CV and other relevant documents.
Deadline for application is May 18, 2017.
We only accept on-line applications.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research and the University of Copenhagen wish to reflect the diversity of society and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.
Start hurtigst muligt
Afdeling/Sted: Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research