Postdoc in Animal Behaviour, Department of Biology
The Section for Ecology and Evolution, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science at the University of Copenhagen, has a vacant postdoc position in Animal Behaviour. The position is open from 1 August 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. The employment period is 2 years ½.
The application deadline is 1 March 2021.
This postdoc position is part of a project funded by a Carlsberg Young Research Fellowship aimed at investigating the link between vocal communication and group dynamics in non-human animals. The postdoc will integrate the Behavioural Biology group (https://www.behavioural-ecology-group.com/) to work on vocal contagion of emotions in sheep. This will involve developing a system to track the spread of emotions through a group of animals via emotional vocalisations, based on heart-rate monitoring and infrared thermography.
Apart from research, the successful applicant will be involved in teaching and student supervision. The post may also include performance of other duties.
Qualifications are expected in the following areas:
- PhD in Biology, Psychology, Veterinary Sciences or related fields
- Expertise in assessing animal behaviour and emotions (ideally including heart-rate monitoring and use of infra-red cameras)
- Expertise in bioacoustics and vocal analyses
- Good knowledge of statistical analyses
- Interest and experience in supervising BSc and MSc students
- Creativity and ability to be both team-oriented and independent
- A proven record of excellent English speaking, reading and writing skills
Further information on the Department is linked at https://www.science.ku.dk/english/about-the-faculty/organisation/. Inquiries about the position can be made to Associate Professor Elodie Briefer: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently up to DKK 436.730 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 74.681). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Cover letter describing your motivation and qualifications for the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Complete publication list
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
- 2-3 reference letters (if any)
The deadline for applications is 01 March 2021, 23:59 GMT + 1.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
You can read about the recruitment process at https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
Interviews will be held at the end of March 2021.
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.