PhD fellow to the project ‘Deciphering the link between adhesion and pluripotency’ at NNF Center for Stem Cell Biology (DanStem)
We would now like to link this network to the two mechanical properties of cells in tissues, mainly cortical tension and cell-cell adhesion in vivo. We seek to understand how the pluripotency network regulates cell-cell interaction, both at a transcriptional and post-transcriptional level and how mechanical forces retrospectively feed forward into genetic programs to govern both pluripotency and the entrance into differentiation. A large component of this work will be computational and will use NGS technologies to understand the link between adhesion and dynamic gene regulatory networks.
- Master's degree in biology, biochemistry, medicine or human biology, or similar, and a general understanding of developmental biology, stem cell biology and particularly bioinformatics.
- Strong motivation and very good scientific skills are essential.
- Publications and practical experience are an advantage.
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
- Cover Letter, detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc).
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any).
- Full contact details of 1-3 professional referees.
Application deadline: 27 February 2019.
Only applications received in time and consisting of the above listed documents will be considered.
The application will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 284 of 25 April 2008 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.