Department of Public Health
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint an associate professor (60%) to the Section of General Practice, Department of Public Health to commence as soon as possible.
• The successful applicant will be a leading person of the section’s epidemiological research especially with a focus on interventions studies. The first years as a leader of and the responsible person for the development and execution of an intervention study in comorbidity in relation to mental/psychiatric disease
• Research-based teaching of medical students and medical doctors specializing in general practice
• Guidance and supervision of researchers, including PhD students
• Research, including publication/academic dissemination
• Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
• Academic assessments
The successful applicant should be able to document:
• Master of medical science with special competence within psychiatric disease
• A solid foundation of knowledge and skills in clinical epidemiology
• Completed specialty training as a psychiatrist (Danish equivalent: speciallæge i psykiatri)
• PhD or doctoral thesis and scientific production on a high international level
• Research qualifications within the subject area of comorbidity in relation to mental/psychiatric disease
• Experience with scientific guidance
• Teaching qualifications and pedagogical competencies
• Research administration and international research collaboration
• Fluency in Danish, orally and in writing
• Good interpersonal and communicative skill
• Research qualifications achievable in a position as assistant professor or equivalent within the subject area
• Research-based teaching
Terms of employment
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organisations.
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
For further information, please contact Head of Section for General Practice, professor Susanne Reventlow, e-mail email@example.com , https://ifsv.ku.dk/ansatte/
The application can be submitted in English or Danish and must include the following documents:
• Application, including motivations for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
• Curriculum vitae, including a complete list of publications
• Diplomas (Master’s, PhD, and other relevant certificates)
• Research plan (3‐5 pages)
• Uploads of maximum 5 publications to be considered in the assessment
• Teaching plan
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, 3 February 2019.
Interviews for this position are likely to be held 26 April 2019.