Our research is focused at the interface between synthetic bioorganic chemistry, biology, biophysics, medicinal chemistry, and nanotechnology. We are in the section for chemical biology at the Department of Chemistry. Our research group combines synthetic organic chemistry, solid-phase peptide synthesis, chemoselective protein and carbohydrate chemistry. We address central challenges in peptide and carbohydrate chemistry, chemical biology, peptide-based medicinal chemistry, and nanobioscience. We are part of a major effort aimed at understanding oral delivery of biopharmaceuticals (https://biodelivery.ku.dk/forskning/
. ) The present position will support these efforts with computational methods.
The assistant professor’s duties will primarily include research, including obligations with regard to publication/scientific communication and research-based teaching with associated examination obligations within Computational Chemical Biology. To a limited extent this may also include other duties.
We are seeking a highly enthusiastic research scientist with the following competencies and experience:
• A PhD degree focused on biomolecular modeling/simulation or related areas
• At least 2 years of postdoctoral experience with MD simulations on peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides, carbohydrates, and oligonucleotide-peptide conjugates
• Expertise in prediction of biomolecular SAXS data from atomistic MD simulations documented by several publications in the field
• Experience in quantum chemical calculations of reaction mechanisms relevant to chemical biology
• Knowledge of QSAR/QSPR modelling, advanced chemometrics, or similar
• Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
• An interest in oral delivery of biopharmaceuticals
Further information on the Department is linked at http://www.science.ku.dk/english/about
-the-faculty/organisation/. Inquiries about the position can be made to professor Knud J. Jensen or Head of Department Mikael Bols.
The position is open from 01 April 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter. The position is time limited for a two year period.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently up to DKK 426.625 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 72.952). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Curriculum vita
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan – description of current and future research plans
- If available, description and documentation of teaching and supervision experience and qualifications- please describe and document:
o Experience with supervision of BSc and MSc students
o Teaching experience
o Formal pedagogical training
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 5 particularly relevant papers
The deadline for applications is 24 February 2019, 23:59 GMT +2.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
Interviews/trial lectures will be held in week 11 or 12.