149994 Associate Professor of Veterinary Pathology
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint an associate professor to the Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences to commence at 1 January 2020.
Information on the Department can be found at: https://sund.ku.dk/.
The research group of veterinary pathology is part of the Section of Pathobiology and its research activities focus on the development of models for human and veterinary diseases in mammals together with the development of new diagnostic methods. This includes animal infectious diseases and welfare related lesions as well as laboratory related aspects.
The associate professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
• Research, including publication/academic dissemination and with focus on research projects related to Veterinary preparedness
• Research-based teaching, including associated examination, within his/her area of competence in general but with focus on veterinary pathology
• Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers and attraction of external funding for research
• Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
• Academic assessments, including research based advice for the authorities and/or Veterinary preparedness
The successful applicant should be able to document:
• Research qualifications within the area of veterinary pathology in mammals, especially with focus on pathomorphological changes and development of new diagnostic techniques related to infections and/or welfare related disorders at the level that can be achieved by satisfactorily completing a period of employment as an assistant professor/postdoc, but may also be obtained in other ways
• Teaching qualifications and pedagogical competencies
• Research-based teaching experience
• Experience in managing and attracting external funding
• Holds an EU recognized education as a veterinarian (DVM)
• If not already a Diplomate of European/American College of Veterinary Pathologists, the candidate is expected to participate in a residency training program in veterinary pathology in order to be board certified as Diplomate of European College of Veterinary Pathologists
• Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
• Manage research and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
The associate professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills
Terms of employment
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organisations.
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
For further information, please contact Head of Department Birgit Nørrung on tel.: +45 35327390 or e-mail email@example.com or Professor Henrik Elvang Jensen on tel. +45 35 333100 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: https://www.ism.ku.dk/ (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
• Application, including motivations for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
• Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
• Diplomas (Master’s, PhD, and other relevant certificates)
• A complete list of publications
• Research plan (3‐5 pages)
• Uploads of maximum 5 publications to be considered in the assessment
• Teaching plan
• Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio)
• Certificate as an EU recognized education as a veterinarian (DVM)
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, 30 September 2019.
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.