150750 Clinical Professor of Health Promotion and Prevention (fixed-term, 5 years)
Department of Public Health
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint a Clinical Professor of Health Promotion and Prevention to The Section of Social Medicine at the Department of Public Health to commence as soon as possible.
The externally funded professorship is combined with a position as senior researcher at The Center for Clinical Research and Prevention (CCRP), Bispebjerg and Frederiksberg Hospital, The Capital Region.
It is a requirement for appointment that the applicant is accepted for both the professorship and the position as senior researcher. In order to be considered the applicant must send two applications: one to the Faculty (the professorship) and one to The Center for Clinical Research and Prevention (CCRP) (the position as senior researcher) cf. the simultaneously advertised positions. This also applies to applicants who are already employed at The Center for Clinical Research and Prevention (CCRP). The advertisement for the position as senior researcher is available from
Both the professorship and the position as senior researcher will be financed by The Center for Clinical Research and Prevention (CCRP), Bispebjerg and Frederiksberg Hospital, The Capital Region.
Information on the department can be found at: https://publichealth.ku.dk/
In the consideration of applications for the professorship, the main emphasis will be on the applicant's ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an international level within the area of area of health promotion and prevention.
The research of the professor is expected to provide new knowledge about and have special focus on:
- primary preventive strategies/interventions
- effect of structural preventive strategies and changes in the local environment
- interventions aiming at improving lifestyles, e.g. dietary habits
- applied research involving public and private actors in partnerships and inter-sectorial collaborations
- development and effects of community-based multi-component health promotion strategies
- methods for monitoring of health and disease and their use in the evaluation of preventive strategies/interventions
The professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Collaborate with other research environments within the Capital Region to promote and strengthen the research in health promotion and prevention in the region
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
The successful applicant should be able to:
- Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- Manage research and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- Provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
For the professorship the appointee will receive a pensionable annual salary of DKK 188,935 (1 October 2019 level).
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: http://www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivations for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- Diplomas (Master’s and PhD and other relevant certificates)
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Uploads of maximum 10 publications to be considered in the assessment
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Sunday 26 January 2020.
Interviews for this position will be held in spring 2020.
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.