Postdoc of Insect farming intervention trials in Africa
Insect farming systems are developing worldwide. In Africa, various insect farming systems hold potentials to contribute to circular and more sustainable production of nutritious animal foods, to meet the growing needs for nutritious foods and to diversify diets in food insecure populations. The aim of the research is to conduct intervention trials to assess the drivers and impact of three different insect farming systems in three countries, and develop a cross-site data-driven framework to identify the drivers and barriers for expanding insect farming. This position is for 20 hours per week for 3 years. Collaboration with research partners at University of Copenhagen, as well as in Kenya, Uganda and Ghana is required, with short-term travels in connection with field-work and meetings. The post doc will be co-responsible for developing of study designs securing cross-site data collection and analysis for a data-driven framework for pathways for accelerating of insect farming and consumption.
We expect you to be a highly motivated and ambitious scientist with the following qualifications:
- Ph.D-degree in inter-disciplinary food system analysis with focus on livelihoods, nutrition and/or environmental impacts
- Documented experience in quantitative as well as qualitative data analysis in inter-disciplinary research
- Documented extensive experience in planning and conducting field research in collaboration with partners in different countries in Africa.
- The candidate should be able to work both independently and within an international, cross-disciplinary and multi-cultural group.
- Danish speaking and excellent written and spoken English is mandatory.
The postdoc’s duties will include research within sustainable diets and food systems as well as teaching. The post may also include performance of other duties.
Further information on the Department is linked at http://www.science.ku.dk/english/about-the-faculty/organisation/.
Inquiries about the position can be made to Associate Professor Nanna Roos, email@example.com
The position is open from May 15th 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter due to the Covid-19 situation.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently up to DKK 434.179 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 74.244). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan – description of current and future research plans
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
The deadline for applications is Sundsy 19 April 2020, 23:59 GMT+2.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
You can read about the recruitment process at http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.