Professor of Computational Finance
Faculty of Science
The Department of Mathematical Sciences invites applications for a
Tenure-track Assistant Professor position in computational finance. The
position is open from 1 August 2019 or
as soon as possible thereafter.
The tenure-track assistant professor is expected to do research in mathematical finance and
numerical and computational methods applied to finance.
The tenure-track assistant professor’s duties primarily include
research, including obligations with regard to publication/scientific communication
and research-based teaching with associated examination obligations within numerical
analysis, mathematical finance, and computational finance. Research and teaching
obligations include activities with industrial partners in industry-related research
projects and in our Continued Professional
Development programme. To a limited
extent the position may also include other duties.
The tenure track assistant professor must have an academic standing
showing internationally competitive research, have an internationally
recognized potential for outstanding research achievements, have
strong teaching credentials, and have aptitude to work on industry-related
Assessment of applicants will primarily consider their
level of documented, internationally competitive research. The ability to attract external funding, also from
industrial partners, will be considered together with outreach qualifications. Teaching
qualifications are not mandatory but documented teaching qualifications and
teaching experience will be considered.
The department is a leading mathematics institution with a vibrant
international research environment that spans several areas of pure and applied
mathematics. It has strong
groups in, e.g., insurance mathematics, statistics and mathematical biology. The
announced position is designed to strengthen the group in finance and
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all
qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement
between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of
Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently up to DKK 424.526 including annual
supplement (+ pension up to DKK 72.594).
Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The tenure-track programme
An assigned mentor
will provide the tenure-track assistant professors with guidance related to
career development, other academic topics and administrative procedures.
Performance of the
tenure-track assistant professor will be followed via internal yearly
evaluations and a mid-term and final international evaluation by an assessment
committee. If the ‘final appraisal’ is positive you will be promoted as
associate professor. Performance and progression towards the criteria below
will be evaluated with due consideration of differences between research
Criteria for promotion
After a 6-year
tenure-track period tenure-track assistant professors are expected to meet the
- A strong publication track record within the specific field of research, including a significant number of corresponding authorships and at least some publications in high-ranked journals based on work carried out during the tenure-track period
- Strong external network of collaboration, including joint publications
- A significant track record of successful external research funding
- Establishment of strong and internationally competitive research demonstrating clear independence of former supervisors/mentors, and/or major contributions to the development of an existing research group demonstrating an ability to collaborate within the research group
- Completed http://www.ind.ku.dk/english/course_overview/up/ and established a teaching portfolio via participation in teaching, including preparation and development of departmental courses
- Successful supervision/co-supervision of MSc and PhD students
The application including all attachments must be in English and
submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Curriculum vitae including:
- Please describe and document international network and relations
- Please describe and document internationally based activities
- Positions held at universities/research institutions outside Denmark
- Outreach activities, i.e. popular lectures or other activities in the media
- Grants held, personal or in part. Career development grants.
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan - description of current and future research plans
- If available, description and documentation of teaching and supervision experience and qualifications- please describe and document:
- Experience with supervision of BSc and MSc students
- Teaching experience
- Formal pedagogical training
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of up to 5 particularly relevant papers
The deadline for
applications is Sunday 17 March 2019, 23:59 GMT +1.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the
authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice
of the Interview Committee.
You can read about the recruitment
process at http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
Interviews/trial lectures will be held on 28 June 2019.
Please refer to the following no. in future
communication in this case: 211-0018/19-2N