150137 Professor of Movement Ecology
Professor of Movement Ecology
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint a professor to the Globe Institute to commence as soon as possible.
Information on the Department can be found at: http://globe.ku.dk
We seek applicants with a research profile within the area of movement ecology and spatial behaviour of terrestrial vertebrates with a focus on longer-distance movements such as dispersal and migration including also natural history, orientation and navigation, disease spread and surveillance, habitat and resource selection, conservation, and survival analyses. The research should be within the broader research programme of The Center for Macroecology, Evolution and Climate (CMEC) at the GLOBE Institute and should contribute to linking movement with the distribution of life on earth. CMEC has a strong commitment to also provide real movement data of individuals through tracking and experience with the fieldwork involved in collecting such data is expected. Experience within analysis and management of biotelemetry data (for example ringing and/or tracking data) and research-based public-sector consultancy is welcome but not necessary.
This is a position with a focus on research and teaching. Experience in teaching organismal ecology will be preferred.
The professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
The successful applicant should be able to:
- Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- Manage research and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- Provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organisations.
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities (2013).
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: http://www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivation for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- Diplomas (Master’s, PhD and other relevant certificates)
- A complete list of publications
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Uploads of maximum 10 publications to be considered in the
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio/)
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Monday, 23 September 2019.
Interviews for this position are likely to be held on 9 December 2019
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.