151453 Associate Professor of General Practice
Department of Public Health
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint a number of associate professors to the Section of General Practice, Department of Public Health to commence as soon as possible. We are seeking to employ up to three candidates, the number of positions depends on the applicants.
Information on the Section of General Practice can be found at: https://www.ifsv.ku.dk/om-instituttet/almen_medicin/.
In Denmark family practice represents the citizen's first free and unrestricted contact with the health care system. The general practitioner uses a patient-centred approach, which is concerned with the individual, the family and the local community. General practice is characterised by long-standing doctor-patient relationships.
The associate professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
• Research, including publication/academic dissemination
• Research-based teaching, including associated examination
* Clinical teaching in a Danish language setting
• Development of teaching and leading courses
• Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
• Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
• Academic assessments
The successful applicant should be able to document
• Specialist in General Practice
• Research qualifications at the level that can be achieved by satisfactorily completing a period of employment as an assistant professor/postdoc, but may also be obtained in other ways
• Teaching qualifications and pedagogical competencies
• Research-based clinical teaching in family medicine
• Experience in supervision of researchers
• You are highly experienced in research fields relevant for the Section of general practice
* You have an active interest in the field of general practice and the primary health care system.
The associate professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills and excellent English skills written and spoken.
Place of employment
The place of employment is at Section of General Practice, Department of Public Health, Center for Health and Society, University of Copenhagen. We offer creative and stimulating working conditions in dynamic and international research environment.
An employment as associate professor may be combined with part-time employment at e.g. the Research Unit for General Practice or clinical work in general practice.
Terms of employment
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organisations.
The positions are full time positions but part time employment may be negotiated.
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2020.
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
• Application, including motivations for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
• Curriculum vitae
• Diplomas (Specialist in general practice, Master’s, PhD, and other relevant certificates)
• A complete list of publications
• Research plan (3‐5 pages)
• Uploads of maximum 5 publications to be considered in the assessment
• Teaching plan
• Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio)
For further information, please contact Head of Section of General Practice, Susanne Reventlow, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://sund.ku.dk/.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: https://www.ism.ku.dk/ (International Staff Mobility).
The further process
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Monday 13 April 2020.
Interviews for this position are likely to be held on 17 June 2020.
Københavns Universitet giver sine knap 10.000 medarbejdere muligheder for at udnytte deres talent fuldt ud i et ambitiøst, uformelt miljø. Vi sikrer traditionsrige og moderne rammer om uddannelser og fri forskning på højt internationalt niveau. Vi søger svar og løsninger på fælles problemer og gør ny viden tilgængelig og nyttig for andre.